Sunday, September 22, 2013

The Week

Elder Blotter

Okay, so right off  I want to clarify that I did not approve of your mother facebooking Sister Tillemen to get permission to go to lunch or dinner with you while in Vancouver.  You might not even know that she has done that yet, and if that is the case I should start this letter with......."your mother facebook messaged  Sister Tilleman and she successfully obtained permission from President Tillemen for us to meet you for a brief meal while we are in Vancouver. 

I pondered this for awhile during the past month, and frankly I kind of wish they would have left you  up in Kitimat, far out of the reach of your mother.  Because once in Vancouver, "a man might stretch for his puny arm to stop the Missouri River in its decreed course, or to turn it up stream as to prevent your mother from finding you."  This is my version of D and C 121:33.

So there you have it, I guess Jim and Jill Blotter might disrupt the work in Barnaby for an hour or so.  I guess if the Good Lord would have really not wanted this to happen you would still be in Kitimat. 

Something really funny happened on the Campus of USU last week.  Jacob, your cousin, was in a class and the professor announced that next week they will be studying a poem entitled "A Rose" by none other than Josh Blotter.  This left me to wonder if there is some famous poet out there with our name, or if by chance you are the author of famous poetry.  So that is something to think about up there in Vancouver, Jacob is here at USU, paying thousands of dollars in tuition, to study your poem. 

Well, as you can see, we celebrated Grandma Blotter's big day at our house today, and it was fun.  She is just the best mom ever.  I'm certain that if the worldwide Engineering Meetings were held in Argentina circa 1986, that Grandma would have found me, whether President Pitarch would have approved or not.  I guess that is the price one must pay for having a wonderful mom. 

I sounds like the work is progressing well in the Vineyard of Barnaby.  It has been fun to work with Claudia in our home.  We are teaching her how to pray, and that religion is not a token cultural thing, but that Jesus Christ is real, and we must follow him and build our foundation upon the rock that He is.  I am teaching her Helaman 5:12.  If you have not read Helaman 5:12 for awhile, it is a good one.  As your father, I give out my core beliefs rarely, but I will say that Helaman 5:12 is one of my core beliefs. 

Well, I hope that you have a great week.  We arrive in Vancouver on Saturday Sept. 28th and leave Thursday October 3rd. 

Love Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment