Monday, September 23, 2013

Dialogue

Here is our dialogue on whether to meet in Vancouver...

Ok. I read it and I am all for obedience. I have lived my entire life trying to be obedient. But since I got permission, I feel like it would be fine.   :)    On the other hand, I want to do what YOU are comfortable with. I would never want to do something that would negatively affect your mission in any way. So you tell me if you would rather wait a few more months to have lunch because if so, I am so fine with that. It certainly was a tender mercy, because Heavenly Father is kind. But I will be fine not seeing you if I know that is what you want. I am excited to see that part of the world and where you have been this past year. If you are still at the computer, let me know what you want to do. Maybe I could just drop off a package at your door if you would rather.....

After pondering a little while, I wrote......

Maybe the greatest tender mercy I can take from this experience is that I have a son who wants to be perfectly obedient. And I'm thankful to you.

A little while later I left another e-mail......

So, I guess we should plan on waiting until June 2014 for lunch.  But I will text you when we get to Vancouver after you've had a few days to think about it and we'll decide for sure. Don't worry, I will not be disappointed. I'll plan on that. That little Marc is adorable.

PS- It will always be a family joke that I was able to get permission from his very strict mission president to take him to lunch, but I couldn't get permission from Elder Blotter!

No comments:

Post a Comment