Sunday, December 15, 2013

December

Elder Blotter of the Vancouver Mission

Well, I hope that life is going well up in BC.  It sounds like you might just be hastening the work with your efforts.  I get the sense that you have hit that point in the mission that you know how to get things done and keep a busy schedule.  That is where true happiness comes.  I was studying the Book of Mormon this week and came upon the scripture in Mosiah 12, How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that  bringeth good tidings of good; that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth.  That can be you and your companion in the same way it was Abinadi.  Old Abinadi did not have an easy go of things, for sure, but he sure did quite the convert through his efforts. 

We went to the MoTab Christmas Concert, and it was fabulous as always.  I think Claudia liked it quite a bit.  We are trying to get The Spirit to work inside of our secular little progressive European student.  Society unfortunately is starting to embrace evil on a large scale, and this is leading to the disintegration of families.   I'm not sure how the Motab paragraph ended up with the disintegration of the family, but keep fighting the fight as the family is the fundamental unit of eternity. 

Your mother's turns the big 45 tomorrow, Dec 16th.  Big day for her.  I'm glad that somehow 23.5 years ago I managed to convince her that I was the one.  In doing so, I set myself on a course for true happiness.  I hope she feels the same. 

Jed and Jacey are doing great,  we measured Jacey today, and she grew 1/2 inch in 2 months.  She is changing quickly right now, and I hope that she can stay as sweet as she has always been.  She is learning the piano very quickly, and likes it, and she is a great little singer.   This may come as a shock, but she is musical, yes there is a musical member of this family after all.  Jed, well, he is doing well also.  He says the funniest things.  He is a funny and fun kid. 

Jenessa finished finals and did well.  You are sure to hear about it as she got a 4.0.  She was the highest ranked student Chemistry overall.  Only missed one question on the final exam, and went into it with a 98% average.  I take credit for giving good chemistry genes.  Maybe they come from Grandpa Blotter.  This is good for her,  she has put in the effort, but been rocking as a college student.  She is one of those kids who blooms more in college than some more difficult high school days. 

She went on a date with Joe Day. 

Well, with that bombshell, I'm off to bed.  This holiday season is killer for me from a work standpoint, but I am greatful to have work, and opportunities. 

Love

Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment