Monday, October 8, 2012

Hello from ROME!

Hi there! It was fun to here about Elder Eppersen. I Facebook stalked him and think he looks like a very nice boy. How was your first week together?  Are you getting ready for the baptism? That is so exciting.
    I'm sure it's beginning to get pretty cold in Burn's Lake. Are you able to still run in the mornings? Is your companion a runner? Oh wait, you said he was on the track team. It would probably be fun to run together, if it's not too cold.
    Today we saw the Pantheon, which was build so that a perfect sphere could fit inside. It was incredible, and amazing that it was built around the time Christ was born. We also went to the Vatican and saw where the Pope lives and the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Square. It was very ornate and fancy and kind of Gothic. It was good to see it, but I would probably not go back. The Spirit was not at all there. It was a weird feeling. It made me want to go to the temple. There is no feeling like it!
  Oh! Where you able to see Conference? I'm sure you've heard by now about the big announcement. As soon as I heard it, I KNEW Amelia would go on a mission ASAP. I just knew it. An hour after it was announced I received a text from Amelia (in Rome) saying...(I'm GOING ON A MISSION!) in fact she already has an appointment for tomorrow (Tuesday) with her bishop! She could go by December and be home about the time your home. She will be such a great missionary! I think this announcement will change things so much. Many, many more sisters will go. Isn't it crazy? I missed seeing conference SO much! I can't wait to read it when we get home. We say good bye to Italy tomorrow and head for Egypt. Wish us luck! Can't wait to here from you tomorrow! Love you,  Mom

Sent from my iPhone
Inside the Pantheon.

The Colosseum.

The Vatican

No comments:

Post a Comment