Sunday, November 24, 2013

The Week

Elder Blotter

Well it sounds like and eventful week.  Investigators, indian food, and death in Kitimat!  I'm sure that Elder Atwood will never forget Kitimat.  I hope that little branch is thriving or at least surviving.  And I will say, you will likely never find better Indian Food than that little gas station known as the Indian Oven.  It won best of state for Indian Restaurants in the State of Utah for 2013.  We went there last week as a matter of fact.  I have never found better, including a world famous Indian Restaurant in Cairo of all places. The Indian Oven was still better.

Well, we are all doing well, without major issues at the Blotter home.  Today was the primary program and Jed was naughty on the stand.  I was not there, but the report was not great.  I was drilling a hole in a person's skull to drain a massive abscess infection that was pushing on his brain from his frontal sinus.  The patient did great but another sacrament meeting bites the dust. 

Otherwise, it is typical November in the lower 48.  Too cold to do anything outside, and getting dark at 5:00, and not enough snow to ski.  Work is busy, which is a good thing, because I need to save money as American medicine as we have all known it, is in a death spiral.  I have studied Rome extensively and I find the similarities to the United States striking.  The Roman Empire was not done in by battle.  The empire faltered due to high taxes, an unsustainable welfare state, printing money with currency devaluation, intoxication with sport and diversion, corruption, and sin.  Essentially, the Obama administration.  

My Roman studies have been an offshoot of learning more about the world at the time of Christ, who lived his entire life under Roman rule.  Some very interesting stuff.  At the judgment day, I would still rather be Pontius Pilate or even Caesar Augustus than Caiaphus.  Better an evil pagan than an evil Jewish priest when it comes to harming the creator of the universe in my opinion.

Well, we are all doing pretty well here.  Busy times for all.  Claudia has joined the ranks of frisby football at Sky View.  We are hoping this provides a good group of friends for her, as I'm sure that it will.  Jed and Jacey are starting to try to do a little last minute behavior improvement to entice Santa to come.  Jenessa is studying a lot, but also dating this Tyler L. fellow quite a bit.  I'm not sure how thrilled I am about that.  (the dating, not the studying).  Well, I hope that all is well with you and have a great week.

Love

Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment