Sunday, February 9, 2014

Rain in February?

Elder Blotter of the Okanagan?

Well, it sounds like you had a bang up week.  You will always remember winding your way through those remote Canadian towns and doing missionary work.  It sounds like things are just going gangbusters.  I was glad to hear that you are taking it easy at McDonalds, which is a good thing because, well, 206 miles is a very long distance.  I'm here to tell you!  And the pace will be brutal.  I am still reliving the glory of September.  Elder Fitzner has some unusual eating habits. 

Anyway, we have had serious drought in Utah, and no snow, with critically low snowpack for the second consecutive year.   There was a statewide fast this past Sunday, for snow.  This following week it snowed 4 FEET in Logan Canyon.  Logan Canyon has been closed all day today due to avalanches.  I have never seen this in my 46 years.  An interesting thing for the non-believing world to consider.  Quite the statistical outlier of a week from a snow standpoint.  I went to the Beav on Friday for 2 feet of fresh new powder and it was glorious.   I thought "Why pay big bucks to go to Revelstoke BC" but then I decided that the Powder there will be glorious there as well.  

In other news, things are well.  We are well into the Winter Olympics and your mother is glued to the television, so if you don't hear from her this week you will not need to worry.  She is fine, just addicted to the Olympics.  Anymore, winter olympics are kind of a USA versus Canada with a few token Germans and Russians in the mix.  Jacey always cheers for the Canadians, just because of you.  Claudia cannot understand why Jacey is cheering for Canada, but she is learning a lot about family bonds from us in many ways.  I am certain that you are immersed with winter olympics in the great white north.  

In other news, Jenessa is doing well.  A little huggy and kissy with Daniel Lemon's older brother.  I'm sure you find that a little weird, as do I.  She studies all of the time.  She is finding that statistics is awful.  Overall, not a bad kid. 
Jacey Lou is doing great.  A few hints of the hormonal mood swings that are about to destroy my precious little angel, but hey, I have already survived that once, so I am ready.  Jed, our newly minted Latter Day Saint is doing great, but has had fever for 10 days, and might have whooping cough.  Otherwise, there is a non-stop flow of disorders of the Ear, Nose, and Throat set before me and I carry on.  I will say, however, that medicine is a very rewarding career.  I have made some  fantastic relationships over the years.  I had to trudge into the hospital yesterday to see a 67 year old lady who fell and had facial fractures.  Her daughter was adamant that Dr. Blotter, and only Dr.  Blotter, would be the doctor to address those fractures.  She is a long time patient with her family.  It kind of fun to have people put that kind of trust and confidence in you.  It is hard earned, but it is a very worthwhile thing. 

Grandparents day was a hit, as always.  They all seem to be doing well.  Grandpa Blotter is a tough old bird, and he had a rough year last year.  He is doing just great now.   Grandpa Jorgy, well, he is still with us in body.  Your Uncle Jared is their caretaker, and he is a example to us all. 

Well, I hope the week is a great one.

Love Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment