Sunday, February 16, 2014

Big Changes

Elder Blotter, of Haida Gwuaii,

Well, it sounds like an eventful week and a journey to the outer regions of mother earth.  You probably have one of the largest areas geographically among active longstanding missions.  I'm sure that the cast of characters that inhabit that island are one of a kind.  Wow.  You are also a stones throw from some great salmon fishing.  I'm sure that you will eat some fish while on Haida Gwaii.  Do they have a Subway?  As in sandwich shop.

We are in St George, which is kind of the opposite climate to your neck of the woods.  We went to the Red Cliffs today, which are really neat.  Dinosaur tracts in sandstone, Anazasi ruins, and a nice little slot canyon.  Kind of like a southern utah one stop shopping.  Claudia seemed to like it, even though she is not the type to appreciate the wonders of the Creator.  I have learned a lot about the mindset of the secular (catholic) European from Claudia.  Another thing about Claudia, is that she learned to fear me early on with regard to physical activity.  The girl has no stamina.  This is not a surprise though, as your standard European would rather stay out until 3:00 in a sweaty night club crowded with people and bad odors,  and then sleep for 2 days, than actually do something.  As a result, there is no muscle, no conditioning, and no stamina whatsoever.  It is amazing.  I don't wait well.  But we like Claudia a lot and she has been fun.  Jenessa herself has said that she is the nice sister that they had never previously had.  I don't know how I got on that subject.

The Olympics.  Your mother is still glued to the TV.  She even gets into "Ice Dancing".  How is that a sport? I mean really.  Here in St. George I couldn't take Ice Dancing anymore so I did something very unusual for me.  I "took a tub".  Yep, first bath in about 40 years.  Not bad really, maybe Elder Holtby is on to something.  

Jacey is here playing in the soccer tournament.  Her team are usually killlers, but they have not fared so well.  They only have one game left.  I think a few of them are sick, as they have not been in top form.  O well, it is a fun trip nonetheless.  They play in the toughest brackets, and it is a bit rough at times among the best teams in the state.  But they usually put the hammer down as they are tough Cache Valley girls.  Anyway, coaching that team takes up too much of my time.  I began with them exactly when you left on your mission.  Going to be hard to quit because their parents think I am some sort of soccer guru who is turning their daughters into stars. 

If you feel a little ripple in the air this week, it is because your father is entering the province of British Columbia.  I will be taking the Revelstoke area by force.  It is probably good you were transferred because I was planning on attending church in Vernon.  I'm not really one to bother someone for permission, but hey, a little heliskier has to go to church somewhere.  It is only 45 minutes or so away.   So you are safe of HG, $1000 each way is too much to pay to fly.  

Well, I hope the week is a gem for you.  We are all good.

Love Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment