Jacey at the Cache Valley Cup

Dad and Quintin on their annual 4th of July ride.
 
Elder Blotter, seasoned Elder of the Vancouver BC Mission

Well, I hope that you are surviving the dog days of summer up in the great white north.  It sounds like things are happening.  I suspect that Kitimat is a tough area for some reason.  Each mission has those tough areas and at times it takes a lot of faith to shake them up a little bit.  Fortunately, there are some good member families and those families are very helpful and awesome.  Truth is, when we lived in Ohio we were one of those missionary families.  We had missionaries at our house all the time for dinner, haircuts, rides, and whatever.  Elder Lusk could eat a whole casserole.  I went on splits to Spanish speakers, and we invited our friends like the Dubonovich's and the Rough's to hear the discussions and we taught them in our home.  We had a lot of good memories.  Probably need to be a little more proactive here in Cache Valley.

Well, the heat is on in Cache Valley.  Having one of those global warming type summers unfortunately.  Jacey had a soccer tournament last week and that took up a lot of our time and it was pretty fun.  It was the Cache Cup and they were playing in the Gold Division, which brings some pretty stiff competition from the Wasatch Front. They made it to the championship game and lost.  The game was such a barnburner that Grandma Blotter had to leave because she was too stressed :)  I thrive on stress so it was fun for me.  Anyway, it is a fun little soccer team and they are very very good.  No one in Cache Valley can even compete with them.  I talked a coach of a good team of girls a year older into a scrimmage, and we creamed them.  I felt bad.  Anyway that is Jacey's soccer. 

Other than that I am training for Lotoja as much as I can.  But not enough.  I'm getting this feeling that it is going to be a long day September 7th and I am going to be sick.  O well.  In a moment of weakness, your mother signed Jed up for..............little league football.  I was not too keen on the idea.  Jed has a little friend in Hyde Park that wanted him to sign up so Jed started begging.  This is how things go with the little ones and your mother:  Mom I want to play football with Will, Can I Can I?  No Jed, not this year, maybe later.  Mom, Can I play football with Will?  No Jed.  But Mom, I really want to play football.  Okay Jed, you can play.  So football is here.  I guess it is his destiny. 

Not too much else exciting.  The HP 6th ward is changing every day.  It is different than when you left for sure.  The upper subdivision is really taking off and I only know the names of about half of the ward.  We are suddenly old timers.
Bishop Holt is still at the helm, and Eric Holt is off to Spain.   Tanner Hunt will be home soon.  I look forward to seeing how he is doing.  Tyson Strong is getting married in August.  Kaden Strong his little brother is doing quite well, and I'm pretty sure that I am going to get Zach Balls on a mission.  So that is the news of the HP 6th.

Well, I hope that it is a great and productive week

Love Dad