Sunday, January 6, 2013

To my firstborn.

Do you know how much you are loved by your family? Well, it's a LOT I can tell you that! Dad and I were just talking as we were getting ready for bed. We are thankful you came to us and are part of this family. We miss you and can't wait for his conference in October just to be in Vancouver. I'm SURE you won't still be there... so no need to worry about your mother stalking you.  Hee hee. How was your week? I am amazed at how different Vancouver is than your time in Burns Lake. I was fascinated by your e-mail last week and how crazy busy you seem to be now. And I would sure like to meet this Elder Smith. :)  You need to remember all the stories I'm sure you will have to tell. But I hope you are able to work hard together and have success. Speaking of success! Dad probably told you but we are having a little missionary work going on in our family. IT'S SO EXCITING. And you get to do this every waking minute. Having the Dubanowiches here was really special and I think it was meant to be. They were touched by the missionaries they met at temple square and the LOVED the Family History Center. They felt the Spirit at church. I think I told you Jenessa sent Griffin home with a B of M with her testimony in it. She got an e-mail tonight (5 days later) that he finished it. He has couple of questions for her, he wondered if Zion meant Salt Lake City and he wondered if the civilization left after Moroni were the American Indians? I just can't believe he read it so quickly and I so wish you could teach him! I told him he could write you if he had questions and I directed him to mormon.org. There is so much anti-mormon garbage on line. So let me know if you have an advice or something I could share with him.
     G and G Blotter have been in Armenia and are expected home Tuesday. Can you believe at 74 they are traveling the globe like they are? They are awesome. I get to go to the temple on Tuesday with your cousin, Jami. She is going through for the first time in the Bountiful Temple and then getting married the next week in the Brigham City Temple.
     What do you think about the GPS? I am more than happy to send one, but I would think you may want to pick it out and get one that is just what you want. Let me know what you think about that. Today was the first time I taught the new "Come, Follow Me" curriculum in YW. No lesson manual. It was on (probably my fave subject) the Holy Ghost and the YW did wonderfully sharing ways the Holy Ghost had blessed their lives. I think it is inspired and will be great. Dad and Ness taught Jed's primary class today and were so surprised he was the BEST kid in the class! I think Miss Smith has trained him in school to be good. She is an amazing teacher. Jed got a chinese checkers board for his birthday and we've been playing alot of that, along with Sorry and Uno. And Jacey got a long jumprope for Christmas. Because the great room is so big we've pushed the couches back and I tied one end to the door going downstairs so I can turn it alone for them. We are spending HOURS jumping the rope. On Sat. Dad took J and J to the Beav and when they got home the started jumping rope with Rachael and by the time they went to bed they were asleep before their heads hit their pillows. Life is rich and good and we are blessed. We love you. Next Monday we will be e-mailing you straight from Disneyland. Can't believe we talked Dad into it.  Have a wonderful week.  Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment