Wednesday, July 18, 2012

HELLO!

Hello everyone!

Sorry about being unable to email on Monday! The public library is closed on our p-day, and the white handbook pretty much eliminates the other... four or so computers in existence at Burn's Lake because we're not allowed to use member's computers. So, we are trying to change our p-day, but in the mean time, we have permission to set an hour apart from a normal day to write President Tilleman and use email. Either way, we don't have too much time as of now, but if we can work that out I should have more time in the future! And on the subject of mail, we only check mail on Mondays, but it wasn't there when we looked. Elder Neher thinks that it will take about 2 weeks for snail mail to get up here.

Dad went heli-skiing in Terrace??? That is pretty neat. Now I wish that I had gone with him! It would have been weird to have seen part of my first zone as a normal person. They call the area around Burn's Lake "3,000 miles of fishing" and so I can totally see them visiting here on a fishing trip. A good chunk of the members here are retired dentists/doctors/whoever else that live up here now to fish.

Our house is on 4th avenue. I forget which number... it's like #463 or something like that. There's a tree or two in the front yard, and it has a little deck in the back. It's on the right hand side if you are facing the dead-end part of the road. That's pretty cool that you can see my area though!

Being a missionary is fantastic! I feel like it is such a blessing to be here. I've learned and grown so much over the past 2 weeks I feel like, so come 23 months from now, I have no idea where I'll be. But it will be good. Ha ha. So far, I've definitely faced a bunch of challenges. Elder Neher's style of planning is a bit more... extensive than I would otherwise plan (IE... our weekly planning session takes an entire day, even though Preach My Gospel says it should take 2-3 hours), and so we've had to overcome some different styles, which has been difficult but we've made it work without any conflict, which is nice. I've learned a bunch from him for sure. I feel like I've already been blessed with more patience and sanity here, as well. I have a strong testimony that whom the Lord calls, he qualifies, although I definitely have a lot further to go before I feel qualified to be here, ha ha. I feel like I could/should be doing so much more!

The work here has been pretty successful over the past couple days! We've found 3 new investigators this week. Most of our investigators are on the reserves for Natives here. It really does feel like I'm in a country a lot further than Canada.

Elder Neher says that we're leaving in ten minutes, and I still need to write President Tilleman, so I guess that's all that I can say for now! I'll write back sometime next week!

Elder Blotter

PS: I haven't tried my debit card again yet, but I might need to pretty soon. And... I'm not starving. We don't get too many dinner appointments, but when we do, they give us lots of food from their gardens and/or animals. Today, some less actives gave us a bunch of halibut. That should be tasty. Anyways, I digress. I don't think I need anything! It's been great. I sent Jed and Jacey a letter last Monday, so you'll have to tell me how long it took for that to arrive.

PPS: Tell Jed and Jenessa congrats for their respective successes! T-ball is cool and AP History is hard. And give Jacey a hug for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment