Saturday, June 16, 2012

Part 2

Moooommmmmm..... PART 2
That was not supposed to send yet! These computers are scaring me. At one point, it kicked me off and I thought that everything that I had written was deleted. I figured out how to get my message back, but still!
 
Anyways,
Even though I say that time is passing very slowly, it's not painful by any means. It's so amazing here. The void that is created when you're separared from friends and worldly distractions is filled by the Spirit, and it's so great. We're in classes most of the time, and we're learning how to teach people. I've definitely been humbled here, because I've realized how much I need to learn and grow before I leave here. We had to teach our first "investigator" today. (really, it was just one of our teachers role-playing as an investigator. The MTC nowadays is very oriented towards role-playing as teachers and investigators. They even have paid actors come in and everything. Kinda weird to get used to, but to learn, you have to take it seriously, even though you know the "investigator" is really Sister Thomas or Brother Hoopes or whoever else.) Me and Elder Dursch went in with a lesson plan prepared, and all these answers prepared for her questions, and we went over half the stuff we were supposed to before our time ran out. I learned that you can't treat preaching the gospel like a debate round. You can't go in with "arguments" and expect to convince them to join the church. You have to almost entirely rely on the Spirit to have any success. It was a really neat and humbling experience.
Well. My time is almost up. I love you guys, and I miss you tons! It's been a great couple days. I'm excited to see what else the mission has in store for me, and I'm excited to serve our Heavenly Father over the next couple years! I know that this chuch is true and that through it, we can be together forever as a family. That's awesome! These two years will be a flash compared to that.
 
 I might have time to write a physical letter to Jed, since he wrote me a letter. :)
 
Josh


No comments:

Post a Comment