Saturday, June 30, 2012

5 days left in the MTC...

MOM....
 
Saturday was my P-day this week because yesterday was "In-field Orientation", which consisted of 13 hours of sitting in a room and learning about how to work with church members in the field and how important it is to teach lessons with members present. I haven't gotten a calling card yet, but I will, and it should last for much longer than I'll probably have to talk. I think I'll probably only be able to call from one airport, and my companion and I are on splits because he needed a haircut, so I can't ask him what time we'll probably call. I'll probably call during my layover in Phoenix, and hopefully that will be in the morning but not too early. We have to leave at about 5, so I figure that the call will probably be somewhere between 8:00 and 10:00. I'll try the house first and then the cell phone. I think that I should be okay in terms of traveling there! I'm excited to get out in the field and work.
 
The past couple weeks have just been crazy. I realize now that I should have done so much more to prepare me for my mission. We're so blessed to be members of the Church. I know that this church is true, and I love having the constant companionship of the Spirit here. The MTC has been awesome in terms of testimony building. I'm going to give the Lord 2 years of awesome service, and I know that a mission isn't even a sacrifice because of the blessings He will pile on in return. It's impossible to "get even" with the Lord because even if you try to, He blesses you seventy times seven whatever you do.
 
Well, this email is a little short because I have a little less time today than usual to write emails. I should have more time in the field on P-days, and I'll also hopefully a bunch of awesome stories to tell as well!
 
I sure miss you, mother! You were (and still are, ha ha) an awesome Mom. Thanks for getting me here. I love you.
 
Elder Blotter

No comments:

Post a Comment