Saturday, June 16, 2012

Family!

Mooooooommmmm....
 
It's finally P-day! This week, we only get half a p-day and it's well, obviously on Saturday. Next week, and I believe in future weeks, it will be on Friday! We were allowed to write our families the first day, and you've probably gotten that letter by now, but it didn't really answer your questions, because I didn't know what they were yet. My companion, as I belive I said in my first letter, is Elder Duersch! It's been great getting to know him. And also weird getting used to never not being with him, ha ha. And yes, he's also going to Vancouver. In our room, there's another companionship, and we're all going to Vancouver. Of the other companionship, one elder is from Preston, so the room is pretty Cache Valley heavy. The other elder is from Ontario in Canada, and I'm constantly asking him questions about Canada, which he is fine with because he's the type who likes to talk and talk and talk. I've seen so many people and cousins of people that I know. I saw David the first day, but I have yet to see Elder Clegg! I've seen people ranging from Andrea Halling's Cousin to Elder Devin Hinkson to who knows who else. It's a very, very, small world it feels like at the MTC. I belive I'm tying my ties and hanging up my pants correctly! So.. no complaints there. Time goes by extremely, extremely, extremely slowly at the MTC! I got a couple letters from people who wrote me the day I left, and they implied that they were jumping the gun by writing me so quickly. Well, I got those letters Friday evening, and they say down here that for your first week, it feels like days happen between meals, so for me, it felt like I hadn't heard from the outside world in forever! They say that once you get to Sunday, the days start to blur together and it feels like you're packing your bags after you blink. I sincerely hope this happens, because I want to get up in Canada and serve! Ha ha... yeah. And our dinner time is at 4:30... I still feel uncomfortably full from lunch when it's dinner time, and then when it's 10:30 and it's bedtime, we're all starving. I guess it's good to get used to that though, since we'll be proselyting without food for a while for a lot of evenings!
 
 
Love,
Elder Blotter
 
PS We need to figure out how I'm going to do these emails. This email was kinda for the whole family, and I can email the whole family directly, I just need everyone's addresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment