Sunday, October 20, 2013

The Week

Elder Blotter

As I sit here writing this email, I ask myself wasn't I just sitting here writing a letter like a few hours ago?  I tell you, a week comes and goes like nothing anymore.  I think that work makes it that way.  Work for me is a stabilizing force.  I feel much more normal with a good 60 hour work week filled with backed up schedules, emergencies, difficult surgeries etc.  I guess I am a little like Grandpa Blotter in that I need that to be happy. 

Anyway, how is Vernon?  I hope that things are hopping up there.  As the dark of winter sets into the Canadian landscape maybe people will search for meaning in life and find two smiling Elders of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  I hope the zone has set a steady course and is on target for true success!!!  Word on the street is that Vernon is quite a  nice place.  Getting us complacent members to hasten the work is the goal.

Here on the homefront, all is well.  The fall is very nice and my favorite time.  It goes back to my farming childhood.  Fall = No Sprinkler Pipe.  It is as simple as that.  Jacey played in a little soccer tournament on Saturday.  Jed is in limbo and we are looking for things to keep him busy so he does not cause trouble.  That kid is a huge child.  You will die when you see him and the sheer size of the kid.  He is taller and weighs more than Preston Blotter, who is 12 years old.  He also has naughty tendencies, but is very funny and has a lot of character. 

Ness is slugging it out at USU.  Part of her loves it, and part of her is stressed by it.  This is a familiar chord for the Blotters.  Comes with the territory of taking worthwhile classes.  She is doing great though, and seems to be able to get good  grades.  So far she as done okay, even with the Ensign chemistry class.    With all the girls on missions, she also seems to attract the affections of billions of recent RM's who are coming fresh of the advice of their mission presidents to go directly home and find 'the one' and take her to the temple.  All said and done, I think she is doing quite well.  Strong testimony and strong convictions in that one.

As for me, I can't complain.  I have a very rich life, with many blessings.  I was teaching Claudia the basics of driving today, at the cabin, in the Gator, and as we veered toward a cliff I thought, it has been a good life!  (I am doing Juan Hevia of Spain a huge favor and trying to teach her to drive)  With a little help maybe Juan can avoid two totaled vehicles, one per child, like me in that first year. :)

Well, hope the week is a great one.

Love

Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment