Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Burnaby



Elder Blotter,
      I just started driving this afternoon in hopes of finding a Target. I was looking for an umbrella for you. There was an accident on the freeway and it wasn't moving so I exited. I wasn't really sure where I was at that point. After a few blocks I see a sign that said, "Welcome to Burnaby"! I about died. So I see a huge mall and pull over and go in to a luggage store and purchase an umbrella. I decided since I was that close I would just drop off the bag since it was in the car. Hopefully it was there when you got back. I dropped it off around 5:45. And Dad said I should have at least added some kind of treat. Sorry. Do you want me to go but some Canadian candy and tell Jacey it's from you?
    After seeing East Hastings, I was so happy to see Burnaby. It seems like a great area! Much safer. Ok, I needed nylons for this Ohio State dinner tonight. I walked down some streets looking for tights. I felt kind of impressed to go to this little shop. I met a lady there who was nice. Once she found out I was Mormon, she just kept smiling and was so excited. She asked me what it meant to me to be Mormon. She asked a few questions and told me she was going to go home and research about Mormons. I asked her for a paper and I wrote down Mormon.org and lds.org. She was so good and had a sweetness about her. After I left I thought of all the things I should have said. I want to go back and see her again.  :) I wish you and your companion could act like you need pantyhose and go right in there! I guess there are sisters who maybe could.  :).  I wish I had a Book of Mormon with me.
      Well, Vancouver is very beautiful. And it is a HUGE city. We still need to ride the Sky Train. The food is AMAZING and I can see how you could gain weight in this city.
      Good luck with the great work of spreading the gospel. I simply loved Patrick from the moment I saw him. It's like he is family or something. He just looked at us like he was so thankful to us. That really was a highlight for us.  Love Mom


The Sunken Garden, Butchart Garden.

Capilano Suspension Bridge.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment